I’m not sure what else there is to say! My tummy and my candidate won last night!
The Hopecakes from Homesick Texan were pretty good, but I messed up the first batch of them. And my Concord Grape Cocktails were delicious but I think upset my stomach (along with staining my whole kitchen purple! haha!). I made juice the night before from a pint of concord grapes and mixed it with some vodka and soda water-SLURP!
Obama Family Chili
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Several cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Several tomatoes, depending on size, chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans
- I also added some chopped jalapenos and a can of tomato paste.
Saute onions, green pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
Add ground meat and brown.
Combine spices together into a mixture, then add to ground meat.
Add red wine vinegar.
Add tomatoes and let simmer, until tomatoes cook down.
Add kidney beans and cook for a few more minutes.
Serve over white or brown rice. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, onions and sour cream.