IN THE SHARE
- Boston Lettuce– Lancaster County, PA
- Eggplant – Lancaster County, PA
- Sauerkraut – AC Kissling’s – Philadelphia, PA (what to do with all this??)*
- Turnips – Lancaster County, PA
- Potatoes – Three Springs Fruit Farm, Aspers, PA
- Bosc Pears – Three Springs Fruit Farm, Aspers, PA (I’m going to force myself to make THIS)
- Rosemary – Greensgrow Farms, Philadelphia, PA
- Cheese – Tomato + Basil Cheddar – Whispering Brook Farm, Chambersburg, PA
- Dairy Option: 1 dozen Free-Range Eggs
- Seitan – Ray’s Wheat Meat, Philadelphia, PA
A LA CARTE
- Organic Oat Bread (Slow Rise Bakery)
- Sugar Pumpkin
- Delicata Squash (Greensgrow)
- Assorted peppers
- Greensgrow’s Ricotta!
- Chestnuts (any ideas on what to do with them?)
And our guest last night, Nicole, not only got me a cute lil white pumpkin from our visit to Greensgrow (nestled in there with the turnips) but also made me some pumpkin bread which was out of this world! I will have to take some photos and share with you later. Supposedly she made it while enjoying a few spirits and almost forgot the pumpkin! But holy moly it was delicious! She says she cuts back on the sugar since the pumpkin is already sweet and I think that’s why I loved it so much! I always find pumpkin desserts tend to be way too saccharine but this one was perfect! Not too sweet, not too dry, right on the money.
*Seriously any ideas on what to do with sauerkraut besides as a topping for bratwurst?